Is this page a bunch of distasteful legal babble? …Well, yes. But it also needs to be posted somewhere, just in case (that’s what legal stuff is for). And hopefully it’ll help keep conversation interesting and civil.
I love it when you comment on one of my posts, because like to know what you think. But sometimes, conversations can turn into shouting matches or go off-topic. These policies are an effort to avoid that as much as possible.
Here is my comments policy. By posting a comment on my blog, you agree to the following:
- You don’t have to register to comment. You can also comment anonymously if you so desire. (If this provision is abused, I may remove it.)
- You can post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are other people have the same one. Whatever the case, ask! I’m happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability.
- You can disagree with me. I’m not any sort of licensed professional – just someone who’s dealing with it and sharing what works for me. If something doesn’t work, something else worked better, or your professional of choice told you otherwise, that’s fine! Other insights and opinions are welcome.
- If you disagree, please do so respectfully. You are entitled to your opinion. Please remember I’m also entitled to mine. Even if I’m completely wrong, you can still say so without being rude or inflammatory.
- I reserve the right to delete comments. The First Amendment gives you freedom of speech – on your blog. I have no obligation to publish your comments on my blog. Specifically, I delete comments that are, in my opinion:
- Unnecessarily sarcastic
- Profane, pornographic, offensive, false, or misleading
- Libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or in any way attacking someone’s character, choices, or mental state
- Against my sense of decorum or morality, or that breaks any law
- “Spam,” defined as trying to advertise, solicit, or promote products or services (posting a link to your blog is not spam)
- You own your comments. I do not own them, and I am not liable for any liability that may come from them. You retain all ownership rights and by commenting relieve me of any liability from your comments.
- I can post your comments. By commenting, you give me a worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to distribute your comments in any format.
Comments policy adapted from Michael Hyatt – used by permission granted in Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World, pages 199-201.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.